Most calls you receive are from people you speak to once, solve or unsolve their problem, and they go away. But some of them keep coming back.
This will play out in a number of ways.
- They will hang up every time you answer, and call back, hoping to get someone else.
- If you're lucky, they're just shopaholics and want to buy more and more stuff. This seldom happens, though.
- They will ask to speak to someone else, even if you're the only phone monkey in the office at the moment.
- They'll ask for a supervisor.
- They will open yet another can of worms and expect you to solve all their problems.
- They always ask for you, specifically by name, regardless if it is in your capacity or responsibility to solve their problem of the day.